This is a BUNDLE of my 3rd Grade Guided Math Units. There are a total of 15 units.
Lesson plans are standards based and have a specific, achievable objective for each day. Units include pre and post assessments, daily practice pages, daily extension activities, vocabulary cards, questioning cards, posters, and additional resources to support your instruction.
⚠️These units are aligned to Common Core. For a complete breakdown of which standards are covered in each unit across grades 1-5, download this free Common Core alignment Guide!
⚠️TEKS Teachers: Download the preview to see what TEKS standards correlate to this bundle! Each unit is given as 2 PDF’s–one for Common Core and one for TEKS. You can also check out this free download for a breakdown of the TEKS covered.
These units are independent of each other and can be taught out of order. So, if you have to follow a pacing guide from your district, you can change the order.
3rd Grade Guided Math units are recommended for small group, targeted instruction, but also can be used in a whole group format.
- Guided Math Teacher Handbook and Overview (Learn how you can use the components of Guided Math, a list of suggested read alouds by unit, plus an overview of the entire year)
- Launching Guided Math-A Ten Day Plan for the first two weeks of school (Teach your students how to do rotations)
- Vocabulary and Definition Cards
- Vocabulary Trifolds (Perfect for math interactive notebooks!)
- Questioning Cards
- Printables to support instruction (Posters, templates, manipulatives, tools, etc…)
- Daily lesson plans (Lesson plans cover a specific, achievable objective each day and include ways you can remediate and enrich. Please note–the links on the lesson plan are to additional products in my store that cover a certain standard. They are NOT necessary to teach the lessons included in Guided Math and are not included with this product.) ⚠️An editable (PowerPoint) version of the lesson plans is now included.
- Practice pages (One for each day. Day 5 practice pages are a review of the objectives covered during the week and can be used as assessment.)
- Extension activities (One for each day of the week! Use these in one of your centers or another small group rotation!)
- Additional resources to support instruction (Interactive notebook pages, a variety of games, puzzles and more)
- Pre and Post Assessments for each unit
- Answer Keys are included for pre & post assessments as well as all practice pages.
- Unit Assessment Grade Book (A fully editable excel file grade book that can be used to track students’ pre and post assessment scores)
- Student Graphs for Tracking Data (Students can use these to keep track of their assessment scores and track their growth)
Download the preview to learn more!
FAQ: Are the Thrifty in Third Grade Guided Math Units based on research?
Yes! Email me at email@example.com for a copy of the research that went into designing the framework of these units.
Here is an overview of the units that are included in 3rd Grade Guided Math.
- Unit 1 Rounding (2 weeks)
- Unit 2 Addition and Subtraction (4 weeks)
- Unit 3 Multiplication Basics (1 week)
- Unit 4 Division Basics (1 week)
- Unit 5 Multiplication and Division Applications (4 weeks)
- Unit 6 Patterns (1 week)
- Unit 7 Two-Step Word Problems (3 weeks)
- Unit 8 Shapes and Attributes (1 week)
- Unit 9 Fractions (2 weeks)
- Unit 10 Fraction Applications (3 weeks)
- Unit 11 Graphing and Line Plots (2 weeks)
- Unit 12 Time (3 weeks)
- Unit 13 Capacity (1 week)
- Unit 14 Area (3 weeks)
- Unit 15 Perimeter (1 week)
There are a total of 32 weeks of instruction provided. I broke this up into four quarters, with 8 weeks per quarter. If you are in a traditional school that will give you an extra week each quarter for review, test prep, or to use as a buffer (because we all know interruptions happen).