This is a BUNDLE of my 3rd Grade Guided Math Units. There are a total of 15 units.
Lesson plans are standards based and have a specific, achievable objective for each day. Units include pre and post assessments, daily practice pages, daily extension activities, vocabulary cards, questioning cards, posters, and additional resources to support your instruction.
Individually, units are priced at $4.25 per week of instruction. For example, a shorter one week unit is $4.25, while a 4 week unit is $17. You will be able to purchase them separately, but you will save the most by purchasing the bundle.
The bundle price is $108 (a savings of more than 20% off the $136 worth of units).
⚠️These units are aligned to Common Core. For a complete breakdown of which standards are covered in each unit across grades 1-5, download this free Common Core alignment Guide!
⚠️TEKS Teachers: Download the preview to see what TEKS standards correlate to this bundle! Each unit is given as 2 PDF’s–one for Common Core and one for TEKS. You can also check out this free download for a breakdown of the TEKS covered.
These units are independent of each other and can be taught out of order. So, if you have to follow a pacing guide from your district, you can change the order.
3rd Grade Guided Math units are recommended for small group, targeted instruction, but also can be used in a whole group format.
- Guided Math Teacher Handbook and Overview (Learn how you can use the components of Guided Math, a list of suggested read alouds by unit, plus an overview of the entire year)
- Launching Guided Math-A Ten Day Plan for the first two weeks of school (Teach your students how to do rotations)
- Vocabulary and Definition Cards
- Vocabulary Trifolds (Perfect for math interactive notebooks!)
- Questioning Cards
- Printables to support instruction (Posters, templates, manipulatives, tools, etc…)
- Daily lesson plans (Lesson plans cover a specific, achievable objective each day and include ways you can remediate and enrich. Please note–the links on the lesson plan are to additional products in my store that cover a certain standard. They are NOT necessary to teach the lessons included in Guided Math and are not included with this product.) ⚠️An editable (PowerPoint) version of the lesson plans is now included.
- Practice pages (One for each day. Day 5 practice pages are a review of the objectives covered during the week and can be used as assessment.)
- Extension activities (One for each day of the week! Use these in one of your centers or another small group rotation!)
- Additional resources to support instruction (Interactive notebook pages, a variety of games, puzzles and more)
- Pre and Post Assessments for each unit
- Answer Keys are included for pre & post assessments as well as all practice pages.
- Unit Assessment Grade Book (A fully editable excel file grade book that can be used to track students’ pre and post assessment scores)
- Student Graphs for Tracking Data (Students can use these to keep track of their assessment scores and track their growth)
Download the preview to learn more!
FAQ: Are the Thrifty in Third Grade Guided Math Units based on research?
Yes! Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org for a copy of the research that went into designing the framework of these units.
Here is an overview of the units that are included in 3rd Grade Guided Math.
- Unit 1 Rounding (2 weeks)
- Unit 2 Addition and Subtraction (4 weeks)
- Unit 3 Multiplication Basics (1 week)
- Unit 4 Division Basics (1 week)
- Unit 5 Multiplication and Division Applications (4 weeks)
- Unit 6 Patterns (1 week)
- Unit 7 Two-Step Word Problems (3 weeks)
- Unit 8 Shapes and Attributes (1 week)
- Unit 9 Fractions (2 weeks)
- Unit 10 Fraction Applications (3 weeks)
- Unit 11 Graphing and Line Plots (2 weeks)
- Unit 12 Time (3 weeks)
- Unit 13 Capacity (1 week)
- Unit 14 Area (3 weeks)
- Unit 15 Perimeter (1 week)
There are a total of 32 weeks of instruction provided. I broke this up into four quarters, with 8 weeks per quarter. If you are in a traditional school that will give you an extra week each quarter for review, test prep, or to use as a buffer (because we all know interruptions happen).