This 3rd grade math unit goes more in depth with multiplication and division. (Units 3 & 4 first introduced the concepts to students.) Standards 3.OA.3, 3.OA.4, 3.OA.5, 3.OA.6, 3.OA.7, and 3.NBT.3 are covered. Your students will learn about multiplication properties, multiplying by multiples of ten, solving for the unknown factor, multiplication and division fact families, unknown in a division equation, and will solve a variety of word problems as well as practice fact fluency.
This is the fifth unit of 3rd Grade Guided Math. This unit takes a more in depth look at the relationship between multiplication and division. (3.OA.3-7, 3.NBT.3) (TEKS 3.4F,J,K, 3.5B,D–download the preview for more information about TEKS correlation) and is a four week long unit.
3rd Grade Guided Math units are recommended for small group, targeted instruction, but also can be used in a whole group format.
There are two separate PDF’s included. One with CC Standards and one with TEKS standards.
- Vocabulary and Definition Cards
- Questioning Cards
- Printables to support instruction
- 4 weeks of multiplication and division lesson plans (Please note–the links on the lesson plan are to additional products in my store that cover a certain standard. They are NOT necessary to teach the lessons included in Guided Math and are not included with this product.)⚠️An editable (PowerPoint) version of the lesson plans is now included.
- Practice pages (One for each day. Day 5 practice pages are a review of the objectives covered during the week and can be used as assessment.)
- Extension activities (One for each day of the week! Use these in one of your centers or another small group rotation!)
- Additional resources to support instruction
- Pre and Post Assessments for the unit
- Answer keys now included for assessments and practice pages