This 4th grade math unit covers patterns. Standard 4.OA.5 is covered. Your students will learn identify and describe the rules of a pattern, solve for a missing number, and generate a pattern for a given rule.
This is the seventh unit of 4th Grade Guided Math. This unit is focused on Patterns (4.OA.5) (TEKS 4.5B–download the preview for more information about TEKS correlation) and is a one week long unit.
4th Grade Guided Math units are recommended for small group, targeted instruction, but also can be used in a whole group format.
There are two separate PDF’s included. One with CC Standards and one with TEKS standards.
- Vocabulary and Definition Cards
- Questioning Cards
- Printables to support instruction
- 1 week of patterns lesson plans (Please note–the links on the lesson plan are to additional products in my store that cover a certain standard. They are NOT necessary to teach the lessons included in Guided Math and are not included with this product.) ⚠️An editable (PowerPoint) version of the lesson plans is now included.
- Practice pages (One for each day. Day 5 practice pages are a review of the objectives covered during the week and can be used as assessment.)
- Extension activities (One for each day of the week! Use these in one of your centers or another small group rotation!)
- Additional resources to support instruction
- Pre and Post Assessments for the unit
- Answer keys now included for assessments and practice pages