This 4th grade math unit covers multiplication and division. Standards 4.NBT.1, 4.NBT.5, 4.NBT.6, and 4.OA.4 are covered. Your students will learn about factors, prime and composite numbers, and multiplying by multiples of 10, 100, or 1,000. Students will determine the value of a number based on its place, and multiply numbers using various strategies. Students will multiply 2 digit by 1 digit, 3 digit by 1 digit, 4 digit by 1 digit, and 2 digit by 2 digit numbers. Students will learn to divide 2 digit by 1 digit, 3 digit by 1 digit, and 4 digit by 1 digit numbers.
This is the fifth unit of 4th Grade Guided Math. This unit is focused on skills involving multiplication and division (4.NBT.1,5,6, 4.OA.4) (TEKS 4.2A,4.4B-F, 5.4A–download the preview for more information about TEKS correlation) and is a five-week long unit.
4th Grade Guided Math units are recommended for small group, targeted instruction, but also can be used in a whole group format.
There are two separate PDF’s included. One with CC Standards and one with TEKS standards.
- Vocabulary and Definition Cards
- Questioning Cards
- Printables to support instruction
- 5 weeks of multiplication and division lesson plans (Please note–the links on the lesson plan are to additional products in my store that cover a certain standard. They are NOT necessary to teach the lessons included in Guided Math and are not included with this product.) ⚠️An editable (PowerPoint) version of the lesson plans is now included.
- Practice pages (One for each day. Day 5 practice pages are a review of the objectives covered during the week and can be used as assessment.)
- Extension activities (One for each day of the week! Use these in one of your centers or another small group rotation!)
- Additional resources to support instruction
- Pre and Post Assessments for the unit
- Answer keys are now included for assessments and practice pages