This 4th grade math unit covers decimals. Standards 4.NF.6 and 4.NF.7 are covered. Your students will learn about writing decimals, determining their size relative to one-half, writing mixed numbers as a decimal, showing decimals on a number line, comparing and ordering decimals, and solving decimal word problems.
This is the eleventh unit of 4th Grade Guided Math. This unit is focused on understanding decimals. (4.NF.6-7) (TEKS 4.2E-G, 4.4A–download the preview for more information about TEKS correlation) and is a three week long unit.
4th Grade Guided Math units are recommended for small group, targeted instruction, but also can be used in a whole group format.
There are two separate PDF’s included. One with CC Standards and one with TEKS standards.
- Vocabulary and Definition Cards
- Questioning Cards
- Printables to support instruction
- 3 weeks of understanding decimals lesson plans (Please note–the links on the lesson plan are to additional products in my store that cover a certain standard. They are NOT necessary to teach the lessons included in Guided Math and are not included with this product.) ⚠️An editable (PowerPoint) version of the lesson plans is now included.
- Practice pages (One for each day. Day 5 practice pages are a review of the objectives covered during the week and can be used as assessment.)
- Extension activities (One for each day of the week! Use these in one of your centers or another small group rotation!)
- Additional resources to support instruction
- Pre and Post Assessments for the unit
- Answer keys now included for assessments and practice pages