This 5th grade math unit covers all things multiplying and dividing fractions. Standards 5.NF.3, 5.NF.4, 5.NF.5, 5.NF.6, and 5.NF.7 are covered. Your students will learn about changing between improper fractions and mixed number, scaling, using visual models to multiply fractions, solve fraction word problems, plus multiply fractions. They’ll also learn about dividing fractions by a whole number, divide whole numbers by fractions, and divide fractions by fractions. Students will also learn to multiply and divide fractions to interpret line plots.
This is the tenth unit of 5th Grade Guided Math. This unit is focused on Multiplying and Dividing Fractions (5.NF.3-7) (TEKS 5.3.I,J,L–download the preview for more information about TEKS correlation) and is a five week long unit.
5th Grade Guided Math units are recommended for small group, targeted instruction, but also can be used in a whole group format.
There are two separate PDF’s included. One with CC Standards and one with TEKS standards.
- Vocabulary and Definition Cards
- Questioning Cards
- Printables to support instruction
- 5 weeks of multiplying and dividing fractions lesson plans (Please note–the links on the lesson plan are to additional products in my store that cover a certain standard. They are NOT necessary to teach the lessons included in Guided Math and are not included with this product.) ⚠️An editable (PowerPoint) version of the lesson plans is now included.
- Practice pages (One for each day. Day 5 practice pages are a review of the objectives covered during the week and can be used as assessment.)
- Extension activities (One for each day of the week! Use these in one of your centers or another small group rotation!)
- Additional resources to support instruction
- Pre and Post Assessments for the unit
- Answer keys for assessments and practice pages