This 2nd grade math unit covers geometry. Standards 2.G.1 and 2.G.3 are covered. Your students will learn about 2D and 3D shapes and their attributes. They will learn to compose and name shapes based on the number of sides, angles, and vertices. They will also compose and decompose to create new shapes from existing shapes. They will determine if a shape is equally or unequally partitioned and name the equal shares.
This is the sixth unit of 2nd Grade Guided Math. This unit is focused on Geometry (2.G.1,3) (TEKS 2.3.A,B,D, 2.8.A,B,C,D,E–download the preview for more information about TEKS correlation) and is a two week long unit.
2nd Grade Guided Math units are recommended for small group, targeted instruction, but also can be used in a whole group format.
There are two separate PDF’s included. One with CC Standards and one with TEKS standards.
- Vocabulary and Definition Cards
- Questioning Cards
- Printables to support instruction
- 2 weeks of geometry lesson plans (Lesson plans cover a specific, achievable objective each day and include ways you can remediate and enrich. Please note–the links on the lesson plan are to additional products in my store that cover a certain standard. They are NOT necessary to teach the lessons included in Guided Math and are not included with this product.)⚠️An editable (PowerPoint) version of the lesson plans is now included.
- Practice pages (One for each day. Day 5 practice pages are a review of the objectives covered during the week and can be used as assessment.)
- Extension activities (One for each day of the week! Use these in one of your centers or another small group rotation!)
- Additional resources to support instruction
- Pre and Post Assessments for the unit
- Answer keys for assessments and practice pages