This 1st grade math unit covers solving word problems. Standards 1.OA.1 and 1.OA.2 are covered. Your students will learn to solve result, change, and start unknown addition and subtraction word problems throughout this four week unit. Problems progress within 10 and 20 as students’ understanding builds.
This is the sixth unit of 1st Grade Guided Math. This unit is focused on word problems (1.OA.1-2 (TEKS 1.3.B, 1.5.D–download the preview for more information about TEKS correlation) and is a four week long unit.
1st Grade Guided Math units are recommended for small group, targeted instruction, but also can be used in a whole group format.
There are two separate PDF’s included. One with CC Standards and one with TEKS standards.
- Vocabulary and Definition Cards
- Questioning Cards
- Printables to support instruction
- 4 weeks of word problem lesson plans (Lesson plans cover a specific, achievable objective each day and include ways you can remediate and enrich. Please note–the links on the lesson plan are to additional products in my store that cover a certain standard. They are NOT necessary to teach the lessons included in Guided Math and are not included with this product.) ⚠️An editable (PowerPoint) version of the lesson plans is now included.
- Practice pages (One for each day. Day 5 practice pages are a review of the objectives covered during the week and can be used as assessment.)
- Extension activities (One for each day of the week! Use these in one of your centers or another small group rotation!)
- Additional resources to support instruction
- Pre and Post Assessments for the unit
- Answer keys for assessments and practice pages