This 1st grade math unit covers geometry. Standards 1.G.1, 1.G.2, and 1.G.3 are covered. Your students will learn about 2D and 3D shapes and which attributes are defining vs. non-defining. Students will name their shapes and will use them to create composite shapes. They will explore with tangrams, pattern blocks, and 3D models. Students will also determine if a shape is equally or unequally partitioned, and will partition circles and rectangles into halves and fourths while naming the parts.
This is the fifth unit of 1st Grade Guided Math. This unit is focused on geometry (1.G.1-3 (TEKS 1.6.A-H–download the preview for more information about TEKS correlation) and is a four week long unit.
1st Grade Guided Math units are recommended for small group, targeted instruction, but also can be used in a whole group format.
There are two separate PDF’s included. One with CC Standards and one with TEKS standards.
- Vocabulary and Definition Cards
- Questioning Cards
- Printables to support instruction
- 4 weeks of geometry lesson plans (Lesson plans cover a specific, achievable objective each day and include ways you can remediate and enrich. Please note–the links on the lesson plan are to additional products in my store that cover a certain standard. They are NOT necessary to teach the lessons included in Guided Math and are not included with this product.) ⚠️An editable (PowerPoint) version of the lesson plans is now included.
- Practice pages (One for each day. Day 5 practice pages are a review of the objectives covered during the week and can be used as assessment.)
- Extension activities (One for each day of the week! Use these in one of your centers or another small group rotation!)
- Additional resources to support instruction
- Pre and Post Assessments for the unit
- Answer keys for assessments and practice pages